Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• Bachelor's degree or higher in GIS, geography or related field.
• Five years professional GIS experience with urban planning.
• Advanced understanding of ArcGIS desktop client/ArcSDE server interface
• High proficiency with ArcGIS 10.1 Suite, including ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, and ArcSDE.
• Proficient with building GIS database and management
• Strong proficiency with Adobe CSx Suite.
• Understanding of GIS applied to Urban planning and Environmental Sciences.
• All aspects of building and using a GIS to solve problems and visualize analytical results.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Do the best work of your life!
The Infrastructure and Environment Division (IE) of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented GIS Manager for immediate employment in the Los Angeles, CA office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in geographic information systems specific to urban planning, transportation, and data management. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to projects involving resource management, land use and transportation planning, and NEPA/CEQA analysis; cultural investigations; technical GIS support for siting studies, impact analyses, and subsurface investigations; web and mobile GIS/GPS solutions and applications; and geospatial data management using ESRI’s ArcGIS suite of products on a wide variety of environmental and engineering projects.
• Work with internal and external clients to develop GIS data and map products per project and client guidelines.
• Create, analyze, report, convert or transfer data using GIS software.
• Collaborate with Application Development, GIS, and Data Management technical staff.
• Geodatabase design, development, and integration with mobile and web service technologies.
• Review existing or incoming data for currency, accuracy, usefulness, quality or completeness of documentation and metadata.
• Effective communication with internal and external clients on GIS needs
• Ability and willingness to multi-task and work on many different projects simultaneously in a team environment
• Works with end users to determine business needs/requirements for new/enhanced GIS systems or applications.
• Design and implement GIS workflow improvements.
• Support engineering and environmental analytical database and GIS components
• Support Bid and Proposals on GIS / Information Management opportunities.
• The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed above.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS Corporation - 23 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...