GIS Project Manager-Southfield, MI
The GIS Project Manager is responsible for the day to day activities in the group. The ideal candiate will be proficient in creating standards and practices that technicians will work from for daily deliverables and also be capable of managing workflow and delegating responsibilities. Knowledge of high level analysis and GIS techniques will be required as the candidate will need to assist with questions and problems that can arise from GIS projects.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE / EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Support project team by utilizing GIS techniques to catalog variables in specific geographic locations, extract data from software, and provide maps to supplement analysis.
- Install, configure, and administer GIS and other mapping software.
- Effectively document application systems phases through analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance.
- Build and maintain databases to provide final products to clients.
- Drive projects and workload independently; seek direction at critical moments, stay on deadline and keep team updated on progress.
- Review maps and GIS data for delivery to client.
PERSONALITY & CULTURAL FIT
- 7+ years of experience in ESRI, AutoCAD, and Project Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, or related field.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D is strongly desired
- Experience with GIS within a range of clients in municipal, private development, utility, etc.
- Knowledge of coordinate systems and projections.
- Familiarity with map design & cartography.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team in a fast-paced growing environment – must be flexible.
- Independent Yet Collaborative
- Creative Problem Solver
- Natural Communicator
- Results Oriented
- Client Focused