IBM Global Business Services - Help Make the World Work Smarter
The world is getting smarter, triggering unprecedented change. IBM's unparalleled ability to bring together deep business insight, advanced research, analytics, and technology enables IBM Global Business Services to help position its clients for the future. We leverage the proven roadmaps and frameworks that have been developed across 17 industries and the unique combination of skills and experiences of our teams in over 170 countries - unmatched capabilities. When you join IBM, you'll partner with our clients, and leverage these capabilities to deliver real business value.
As a member of the world's leading and largest consulting organization, you'll tap into resources that only a global leader like IBM can provide: access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals; enjoy unparalleled career opportunities; be provided with ongoing training and education that you'll need to succeed; and work on some of the most interesting projects on the planet, helping everyone from organizations to local governments, work smarter.
The GIS Project Manager is responsible for directing all phases of GIS programs from inception through completion. They are responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of GIS programs. The successful candidate will coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications and operating budgets for GIS activities.
Successful candidates will act as primary customer contact for GIS program activities, leading GIS program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. The GIS PM will establish GIS design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test. They will establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules as well as identify GIS program problems and obtain solutions.
Additional GIS knowledge requirements:
- Solid understanding of cartographic principles, map projects, coordinate systems, map scale and accuracy and spatial analysis
- Attention to details and experience with QA/QC and data analysis / Data Conversion
- Demonstrated strong/effective analytical skills
- Mobile GIS development is preferred
- A solid record of accomplishment in the planning, design, and management of integrated and open enterprise GIS operations on large scale ESRI environments
- Knowledge in geospatial data creation best practices
- Must be able to manage and cultivate a team of GIS professionals, specialists, and technicians, within a heavily integrated data service and GIS application environment.
Responsible for and leads large complex projects or programs. Expert knowledge of the business units mission and processes, specifically AIS and custom development is required. In applicable areas of the business, the GIS PM will have overall responsibility for revenue and profit objectives of the project. Has extensive professional knowledge of market segment / industry / technology / discipline trends. Recognized for business acumen by the customer set supported. Extensive working knowledge of IBM strategy and the ability to apply that understanding to influence or guide project stakeholders. Works independently on most actions. Experience working multi-site development and global resources. PM process methods experience including Rapid or Agile development. Advanced communication skills including experience in building Senior Executive relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 3 years experience in large/complex consulting/client management - Director level and above
- At least 3 years experience in managing projects in at least one of the following: Natural gas pipeline operations, natural gas pipeline integrity, or electrical distribution and/or transmission operations
- At least 3 years experience in PM tools and processes using Agile/Rapid deployment
- At least 3 years experience in managing projects that use the following applications: ESRI ArcGIS/ ESRI ArcSDE, or Telvent ArcFM / ArcServer
- At least 3 years experience in enterprise and application life cycles and current awareness of trends and practices utilizing GIS technology
- Readiness to travel Up to 4 days a week (home on weekends-based on project requirements)
- English: Intermediate
- At least 5 years experience in large/complex consulting/client management - Director level and above
- At least 5 years experience in managing projects in at least one of the following: Natural gas pipeline operations, natural gas pipeline integrity, or electrical distribution and/or transmission operations
- At least 5 years experience in PM tools and processes using Agile/Rapid deployment
- At least 5 years experience in managing projects that use the following applications: ESRI ArcGIS/ ESRI ArcSDE, or Telvent ArcFM / ArcServer
- At least 5 years experience in enterprise and application life cycles and current awareness of trends and practices utilizing GIS technology
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global Technology...