Tetra Tech ARD ( www.tetratechard.com ) has an immediate opening for a full-time GIS Specialist to join its Spatial Technology Unit in the home office located in Burlington, VT. The unit provides geospatial expertise for multiple international development projects. This position requires an individual who is technically capable and experienced in the application of GIS, understands that the implementation of GIS is dependent upon proactive outreach to clients and colleagues, and is capable of working around the world under challenging conditions.
The successful candidate must demonstrate effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task. S/he will demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Finally the candidate will demonstrate examples of successful team engagement, and an ability to act independently should the need arise.
- High technical proficiency in ESRI software (desktop essential, server advantageous), capable of learning additional GIS or image processing software packages, and comfortable working with other, non-spatial, database systems.
- Ability to contribute technical knowledge and skills, in addition to his/her GIS and related skills, to one or more of Tetra Tech ARD’s business sectors.
- Experience training non-specialist staff on the uses of GPS, GIS and RS in support of project objectives.
- Advanced degree in GIS or other related field required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in GIS consulting, program development, and implementation with international field experience.
- Speaking, reading and writing fluency in at least one foreign language - French or Arabic are preferred
- Good technical writing skills.
- This position will involve frequent overseas travel on short- and medium-term assignments (1 – 4 weeks in duration). The position can involve as much as 40% international travel to developing, post-conflict, and transitional countries.
- U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
In addition to a collaborative and family-friendly work environment, Tetra Tech ARD values diverse, energetic, and enthusiastic team players who are committed to high levels of performance and who are dedicated to providing superior services at all levels of the firm.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
- A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
- A current CV in reverse chronological format
- A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
- A writing sample of a technical nature no more than 10 pages in length where the applicant is the sole author.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations- in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech ARD is proud to be an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.
ARD, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Tetra Tech puts technical know-how to work. The environmental management, consulting, and technical services group focuses on resource...