Summary: The GIS Specialist will act as technical resource for all GIS related requests from other departments within the company.
- Managing and creating geospatial databases, automating and streamlining GIS processes, defining workflows for technical processes, and providing GIS technical support to the rest of the Company.
- Act as GIS Liaison to all other departments within the company. Responsible for all GIS related requests from within the company.
- Serve as a technical resource; work effectively individually and as a team member; establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, supervisors, co-workers, inspectors and employees in other departments and others encountered in the course of work.
- Ensure data integrity, data accuracy, & efficient flow of data to and from the department through automation of GIS routines & scripting regular GIS tasks.
- Maintain internal databases, maintain client databases, and aid in the design of new geospatial databases.
- Assist in upkeep and development of a proprietary web asset management system.
- Research and make technical recommendations to management for new GIS technology and processes.
- Ensure company data integrity, accuracy, and efficient flow of data to and from departments through automation of GIS routines & scripting regular GIS tasks.
- Management, development, & maintenance of Petroleum Asset Manager (PAM) websites.
- Create technical documents outlining procedures and process in the GIS department.
- Produce professional quality maps and exhibits as requested by various departments.
- Manage mapping grade GPS units, their deployment to field crews, and processing of GPS data.
- Utilize GIS systems to produce necessary documents and exhibits.
- Utilize GIS systems for analysis of GIS data to assist other departments or clients.
- Maintain effective working relationships with employees, land personnel, and the public.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of technical applications, concepts, principals, and theories in GIS.
- Strong knowledge of basic GIS technical processes and routines for the delivery of quality GIS and cartographic work products.
- Ability to work in a team based environment and effectively communicate GIS concepts and processes to PFS employees.
- Strong understanding of ArcView: ability to create professional grade exhibits, manipulate geospatial data, and utilize advanced geoprocessing tools.
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of database design, creation, and management.
- Intermediate to Advanced experience writing scripts, using model builder, and automating GIS processes.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Genuinely excited and enthusiastic about learning, pushing technical limits, and finding new solutions.
- Strong writing skills - for documentation, training, & processes.
- Good analytical & problem solving skills.
- Experience using GPS units and mobile GPS collection software.
- Understanding of the PLSS.
- Experience with Oil & Gas industry is a plus.
- Experience in dealing with COGCC, WOGCC, BLM, or other governments entities regarding permitting is a plus.
- Experience with ActionScript, Adobe Flash Builder, and/or Adobe Flex is a plus.
- 3 years’ workplace experience with ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop (9.x, 10.x) is required.
- 1-2 years’ experience with Python scripting.
- Scripting and automation of GIS processes.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- A thorough knowledge of GPS concepts and GPS data collection.
- Experience with Trimble GPS units.
- Education/Experience/Other requirements:
- BA/BS degree from an accredited College or University in Geography, Planning, Natural Resources, Engineering, or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Back ground check and satisfactory drug test required.
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to walk, stand or sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to repetitively finger, handle, feel or operate standard computers and other field and office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.
Working out of our Denver, CO or Laramie WY office
Medical benefits after 90 days
401k after 6 months, matched at 4%
6 paid company holidays and 1 floating holiday
Please submit cover letter, salary history and requirements, and ability to relocate.
Submit resume at p e t r o-fs.com (all together); click on "About", "PFS Careers" and select resume upload, OR fax: 3039626237
Compensation based on experience
PFS starts and finishes every project with Excellence. It’s a concept that is the driving force in everything we do: the people we...