Willbros Engineers- Upstream is looking for a GIS Specialist to join our San Antonio, TX office.
A qualified candidate will have a well developed understanding of Geographical Information Systems and data management. They should be an adaptable team player and have the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels. They should have strong technical and analytical skills with a solid experience using ESRI GIS products.
- Develop and maintaining GIS project databases
- Generate customised maps for project team.
- Respond to project queries on daily basis.
- Cooperate with engineers to perform multi-discipline tasks.
- Provide data input for the provision of technical reports
- Participate in project meetings and workshops.
A GIS or Geoscience graduate
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Experience in ESRI ArcGIS products and AutoCAD. ESRI ArcGIS 3D Analyst experience is a requirement.
- Good technical working experience of relational SQL Server database technology
- Technical experience with ESRI product suite including ArcGIS Server Technologies (ArcSDE) and ArcGIS Desktop
- Good working knowledge of coordinate systems, transformations and projections is essential.
- Strong skills in processing digital elevation models and performing terrain analysis.
- Ability to utilise, interpret and spatial analysis of satellite imageries is an advantage.
- Surveying skills would be an advantage.
- Experience in the oil & gas industry
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
This position is a full time regular position with a competitive compensation and benefit package.
- Willingness to work extended hours as required to deliver projects
- Ability to work well in a team to deliver on team goals
- Self-directed and require minimal supervision
Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Willbros is an equal opportunity employer.