Summary: Under general supervision of the Information Services and GIS Manager, maintains a variety of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases, documentation and map layers. Inputs geographic data from a variety of sources and produces high quality outputs as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
· Maintains a variety of GIS layers and databases including street, parcel, subdivision, and utility data while adhering to organizational quality standards.
· Interprets and transfers data from source documents including digital and/or printed plats, record drawings, plans, profiles, and legal descriptions.
· Locates and compiles data sources.
· Collects field data using GPS.
· Performs quality control for database maintenance; researches and corrects data issues.
· Drafts special project exhibits as needed by various City departments and divisions.
· Geocodes data files using GIS software.
· Designs and develops a variety of map layers and databases for City-wide GIS operations.
· Creates and maintains documentation for GIS feature classes, applications, and procedures
· Assists in establishing data preparation standards and procedures to ensure data standardization and integrity and to optimize section productivity.
· Creates and customizes existing program features using VBA.
· Recommends changes to GIS layers and software.
· Operates and maintains data input/output devices.
Job Requirements :
Required Knowledge and Skills:
· Knowledge of the design, development, and manipulation of a GIS, Local and Wide Area Networks, Global Positioning Systems, databases and general office software.
· Knowledge of input and drafting of existing field data from surveyors and engineers.
· Knowledge of research and technical support techniques.
· Knowledge of City policies and procedures.
· Skill in effective oral and written communications.
· Skills in designing, developing, and maintaining documentation for GIS feature classes, applications, and procedures.
· Skill in effectively managing multiple projects, assignments and duties.
· Skill in resolving customer complaints and concerns.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications:
· Bachelors Degree in GIS, Geography, Planning or related field; or four (4) years on the job training and related experience including two (2) years ArcGIS, SQL Server, Microsoft Office Products, Visual Basic and/or Python experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and/or post-offer physical exam.
· Must possess State of Texas Drivers License.
City of Frisco - 18 months ago