• Understand advanced ESRI ArcGIS concepts
• Understand the system requirements for Relational Database Management System (RDBMS)
• Design, install, and configure an ESRI ArcGIS SDE geodatabase instance
• Understand GIS workflows and their impact on the geodatabase
• Manage data within the geodatabase at a general level using ArcCatalog.
• Perform geodatabase maintenance and troubleshooting
• Use geoprocessing tools, command line, and performance monitoring and tuning tools.
• Make configuration changes to the GIS system architecture to meet production needs
• Perform continuous monitoring and maintenance for the GIS services and applications
• Install and configure ESRI ArcGIS products and supporting software according to ESRI best practices
• Troubleshoot common ESRI technology issues, including distinguishing between ESRI and supported systems issues such as RDBMS and Web servers
• Efficiently use ESRI's licensing model
• Determine appropriate GIS services to host in-house or data services.
• Determine efficient settings of pooled and non-pooled services
• Diagnose and improve the performance of map services
• Identify performance bottlenecks and recommend improvements
• Setup map caching
• Monitor the health of different components of the system and take appropriate action, if required
• Coordinates application server activities with Fusion Brain System administrators to ensure a high level of up time for the application services.
• Coordinates with the Fusion Brain Database administrator to ensure adequate storage and Oracle tablespace have been allocated to address customer requirements.
• Upload datasets into existing SDE database structure
• Create feature datasets, raster datasets, and raster catalogs inside of SDE database per customer requirements.
• Manage ArcIMS and ensure data uploaded into SDE is being displayed correctly on the ArcIMS.
• Stong Knowledge of Google Earth, ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Image server Extensions.
• Works with the system administrator to ensure communication and presentation of data from the Fusion Brain message database to the Fusion Brain geospatial database.
• Intermediate level administrative skills required to maintain ArcGIS and other geospatial applications.
• Ability to provide adhoc training to end users with regard to use of geospatial analysis applications and workflows. May be required to assist users in developing more effective workflows using ArcGIS tools.
• Promotes development and use of standard operating procedures
• May be required to create scripts to automate routine data layer activities.
Requires Bachelor’s degree (in geography, cartography, planning, computer science, or related field with emphasis in GIS/GPS) or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience.
• Comptia Security + (Required)
• Minimum CE Certification:
Comptia Server +
RedHat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
Microsoft Certified System Adminsitrator (MCSA)
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)(Server) 70-642 or 70-643
ESRI ArcGIS Desktop Associate (EADA)
• Preferred CE:
ESRI Enterprise Geodatabase Management Associate (EGMA)
ESRI Enterprise Administration Associate (EEAA)
• Training certificates in lieu of vendor certification
Certificate of training from The School of Geospatial Intelligence (TSG), NGA program
Certificate of training from Army Geospatial Analyst occupational specialty training.
Certificate of training for Army Digital Topographic Support System operator course
• Experience in the DOD intelligence environment or equivalent government agencies, with field level experience preferred.
• Experience with DCGS-A Fixed and/or DCGS-A Mobile (WSS/BAL) systems preferred.
• Prior experience managing GIS applications and tools (server side and user desktop), in support of military missions.
Education and Experience Required:
Minimum 3+ yrs experience w/ Associates of technical school certificate. Minimum 7 yrs in lieu of a degree.
Intermediate – AA degree plus 3 years experience OR 7 years experience
Journeyman – BA degree plus 5 years experience OR 13 years experience
Senior Lead – BA degree plus 10 years experience OR 20 years experience
Years of Experience