Under some supervision, will provide
• Work directly with engineering and design personnel to prepare project drawings and related documents, maintain technical files, and manage internal and external transmittals.
• Act as a fully contributing member of the design team on minor and major projects for clients/UCS.
• Fully proficient with the placement and maintenance of graphical features in client GIS systems such as Intergraph FRAMME or Small World.
• Fully proficient in client work management information systems[ WMIS] such as the Severn Trent STORMS programs
• Develop a working knowledge of remote access to these client systems.
• Learn and understand client specific compatible units used for construction and development of work requests, job cards, and construction orders.
• Develop a working knowledge of client construction standards and utility information systems.
• Prepare drawings using AutoCAD, Microstation, Civil 3-D or other integrated electronic drawing packages as required (learning curve applies – default software may be latest versions).
• Convert client/UCS supplied drawings from hard copy to electronic format through scanning and digitizing or through re-drawing.
• Convert drawings between different electronic formats.
• Set up drawings using proper scaling techniques and re-scale drawings as necessary.
• Combine drawings from several different sources into consolidated drawing sets with consistent scales, fonts, line weights, blocks, and attributes.
• Develop and maintain drawing standards (fonts, line weights, border sheets, naming conventions, etc.) for use in UC Synergetic, Inc. produced drawings.
• Contribute to design by providing accurate measurements, angles, radii, etc. to designers and engineers.
• Draw in plan and profile as required using internal or client provided stationing and offset information.
• Additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned.
• Graduate with a two year degree in automated computer design/drafting or related field
• Experience in the area of utility Geographical Information Systems
• 2 years experience working with current utility industry GIS and WMIS programs
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
UC Synergetic, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Pike Electric Corporation is a provider of outsourced electric distribution and transmission services in the United States. It performs...