Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Knowledge of spatial and tabular data
- Familiarity with Esri ArcInfo
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Capable of functioning with spreadsheet, word processing and standard office software
- Basic knowledge of industry standard computer software including MS Office products
The GIS practice of URS North Carolina is actively seeking a GIS technician for immediate temporary employment in the Morrisville, NC office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an aptitude for learning new procedures quickly, following directions and attention to detail. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above.
- Work with a team to collect, format, and attribute geospatial data
- Work with large versioned databases in ArcSDE
- Document work processes
- Review and perform quality assurance on datasets
- Use the internet and other tools for research
- This position requires the flexibility to serve as a cross-disciplinary resource to best serve the needs of the URS Corporation.
Do the best work of your life! URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.
URS Corporation - 7 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through i...