Critigen is a global leader in technology consulting and IT outsourcing. We leverage location data, business intelligence, and award-winning cloud computing to drive positive financial results and enterprise collaboration for public and private clients. |
Critigen is looking for a GIS Web Application Developer responsible for performing analysis, design, coding, testing, verification, validation, and maintenance of web-based GIS applications. Analyzes and documents software requirements, prepares design specifications, develops software, creates and implements test plans and installation. Uses knowledge of software lifecycle processes to ensure quality applications are designed, tested and delivered. Provides customer support during requirements gathering, systems integration and acceptance testing. Provides support relative to software development to peers and advocates best practice in configuration management, software design and testing and leads/participates in peer code reviews. Provides support for implementation of enterprise level processes, procedures. Works on problems of diverse scope and will be responsible for project results in terms of code quality, delivery schedule, requirements management. May be responsible for the technical direction, and/or training of less experienced staff. Regularly interacts with functional peer group, managers, and customer staff.
- Education : BA/BS in Geography, Computer Science, or related field.
- Years of Experience: Three years experience in web application development with a minimum of one year experience developing geospatial mapping/analysis applications for use on the internet.
The Geospatial Web Application Developer shall possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise geospatial solution design and development using ESRI technology
- Demonstrated experience with development of web based applications using ArcGIS Server
- Demonstrated experience with creation and management of map services and web based content including both SOAP and REST based services including:
- OGC services,
- ArcGIS services,
- Demonstrated experience in providing web application development services with specific experience in:
- Demonstrated experience creating ISO Metadata
The Geospatial Web Application Developer shall have a majority of the following CORE qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience configuring and customizing the ArcGIS Desktop user tools, commands, and user interface using programming languages, APIs and techniques currently supported by ESRI (C#, VB.NET, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience developing applications using ESRI ArcObjects technology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of working with ArcSDE in the ArcGIS Server and Oracle environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of ArcGIS Desktop functionality.
- Demonstrated knowledge of geodatabase design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of geoprocessing tools.
The following are DESIRED qualifications that will improve a Geospatial Web Application Developer qualification score:
- Demonstrated experience developing in the Google Maps environment (KML).
- Demonstrated experience in database configuration, tuning, and troubleshooting (SQL Server Spatial, Oracle, ArcSDE, etc).
- Demonstrated experience in database design and development skills including SQL, Stored Procedures, ETL, etc.
- Demonstrated experience developing geospatial applications using scripting languages such as (Python).
- Demonstrated experience developing geoprocessing models.
Critigen is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Critigen - 16 months ago