The ThinkGeek Overlords are looking for a General Ledger Accountant to join the League of Extraordinary Bean Counters at our corporate headquarters. While a heroic stature and build are not required for this position, it is assumed that the incumbent for the role will be beyond the goblin-variety accountant and prepared to join a fast-paced, creative team of superpowered individuals who use their powers purely for the advancement of Awesome and Accuracy. |
Not familiar with our style of geek retail? Here ’s a bit more about ThinkGeek:
ThinkGeek is a small, close-knit group of fun, weird, and enthusiastic people who run one of the most successful niche e-commerce sites on the Internet. ThinkGeek is ranked #175 in the Internet Retailer top 500 and has been profiled or mentioned in Business Week, Wired Magazine, The New York Times, Good Morning America, The Today Show, and more. As part of Geeknet, a publicly held company, ThinkGeek employees receive an excellent benefits package while enjoying the benefits of working in an exciting start-up environment in our Fairfax, Virginia office.Duties of this position will include the following:
- Perform general ledger and close responsibilities for rapidly growing e-tailer
- Reconcile daily revenue transactions with credit card clearing and bank deposit information
- Reconcile monthly inventory with third-party warehouse
- Perform detailed Gross Margin Analysis to identify business trends
- Perform account analysis, reconciliations and journal entries (includes both asset and liability accounts)
- Prepare audit schedules for quarterly and annual audits.
- Assist with income tax, sales tax, and annual report filing requirements.
- Prepare and file monthly and quarterly sales tax reports
- Support e-commerce Controller with ad hoc analysis projects as requested.
This posting is for a permanent, full time position in our Fairfax, Virginia office. Only local applicants or those willing to relocate at their own expense will be considered.
- BS degree in Accounting with minimum 5 years general ledger experience
- Excellent Excel skills and a demonstrated ability to extract and analyze data from a custom information system
- Familiar with Oracle financials, including general ledger and accounts payable
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Must be able to multi-task
- Team player with a strong work ethic, outgoing personality and a “can-do ” attitude.
- Extremely organized with the ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to react quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiar with a month-end and quarter-end close process for a public company.
- Computer skills required include Microsoft Excel (exceptional); Oracle 11i (desired)
Please submit your resume and salary requirements in PDF, HTML or plain text format. Sorry, freelance or offsite requests will absolutely not be accepted.
Geeknet is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disabilities, marital status, sexual orientation or any other unlawful basis.
ThinkGeek - 17 months ago