Are you someone who dreams in numbers and would love to join a fast paced, high energy accounting team? We are looking for an Accountant who isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves. As a part of the General Ledger Team you will help with month-end close and the building out of Zynga’s policies, procedures, and internal controls. The work is ever-changing and ideal for a highly analytical problem solver who has an interest in corporate accounting.
- Perform and ensure accuracy and completeness of the general ledger and month-end closing activities including journal entries, adjustments, accruals and account reconciliations
- Track close process deadlines and process innovation
- Ensure proper supporting documentation is maintained for each journal voucher
- Assist on ad hoc financial analysis where needed.
- Provide support for financial statement audits and tax return preparation
- Assist in other accounting and finance special projects as needed including new system implementations, new policies, and cross functional issues.
- Assist cross functional teams such as HR, Legal, Network Operations, and Studios on joint initiatives.
- Communicate policies and responsibilities to partner teams.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable finance policies, rules, regulation and laws
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 0-2 years of total experience
- National firm level public accounting experience and/or public company accounting experience desirable
- Intent to pursue Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license desirable
- Understanding of US GAAP and international accounting standards.
- Working experience with Oracle Systems desirable
- Intermediate+ level experience with Microsoft Excel
- Must be a fast learner, reliable, with a professional attitude
- Strong analytical skills, exceptional organization and time management skills, and ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to initiate communication, effectively follow through and provide status updates
- Professional judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management.
- Ability to work productively in a dynamic environment and be a solutions-oriented team player
Zynga - 16 months ago