Merit Property Management has been in business of community management since 1980. Although we started out small we have grown leaps and bounds and continue to expand. Our headquarters is in Aliso Viejo and have offices throughout California. We offer great benefits, a wonderful working environment, some terrific co-workers, and a passion for continuous learning. If you have other aspirations for your working career, and have the commitment and skills to back that up, you could go far in this organization.
The GL Accountant will ensure the timeliness, accuracy and the preparation of monthly association financial statement package.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS include the following. Other requirements may be assigned.
• Interacts with community managers to review financial statements and responds to their questions regarding specific items such as banking and other financial activities
• Responsible for input of all general ledger journal entries
• Prepares monthly association preliminary financial statements and makes any necessary adjustments to preliminary financials as deemed necessary by the community manager, board or other research
• Prepares monthly final financial packages, which includes a table of contents, and any other special reports the board of directors has requested
• Completes financial production checklist accurately
• Reconciles bank accounts on a monthly basis
• Monitors reserve funding for timeliness and accuracy
• Input system updates to accounting system: chart of accounts, financial statement formatting, job streams, reporting codes, GL notes, accounting periods, set-up new entities, bank codes, overhead calculations, consolidate entities
• Performs necessary month-end duties
• Performs banking duties as per the community manager’s board-authorized instructions
• Maintains financial computer information files
• Proficient in Microsoft Applications, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• 2+ in GL Accounting and/or college level accounting courses.
MERIT Property Management, Inc
- 2 years ago - save job