GMM Data Analyst
* Successful candidate will be supporting the GMM (global materials management) program as an international transportation network performance engineer for parts shipments to manufacturing facilities and distribution centers globally.
* Analyze large sets of operational data to identify areas of waste within the international supply chain and implement root cause solutions.
* Analyze existing process flows and build improved process flows collaborating with internal and external teammates to drive operational workflow improvements and process control.
* Drive change management activities across international transportation network through both effective verbal and written communication.
* Create and report international transportation key performance indicators to relevant stakeholders and drive process improvement performance where needed.
* Perform international suppy chain opportunity analysis and drive action trackers and project plans to implement process improvement changes.
* Document and communicate written business requirements to global partners through business rules, work instructions, and process documentation.
* A Bachelor level degree plus 1-3 years of Logistics experience; or will except 5-8 years of Logistics experience in lieu of a Bachelor level degree.
* Understanding of international transportation concepts such as air and ocean shipments.
* Strong analytical ability with track record of continuous process improvement activities.
* Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office products to analyze large amount of data, communicate findings, and recommend and implement solutions.
* Good presentation and communication skills including the ability to visually display and communicate data using charts, trend lines, and other tools in MS Powerpoint.
* Ability to communicate and work well with overseas based team members.
* Previous experience in international supply chain transportation
* Experience working with customers globally
* Sig Sigma green belt training and experience
* Project management skills
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apr 19, 2013, 11:59:00 PM
United States-Illinois-Peoria-PEORIA02-Peoria Admin Bldg-AH-US