This is a hands-on opportunity for a motivated individual who enjoys designing specialized security solutions for
Government and commercial customers. This position will involve network project starting from design through to
deployment and operations. This position will provide critical support in the areas of network
applications design, configuration, and deployment assistance. The engineer will design, optimize and document network
topology and site configurations on classified and unclassified systems. This position will also provide Tier 2
through 4 support to the operations staff. The engineer will work as part of a system design team to research emerging
technologies and develop new technologies.
Responsibilities will also include designing and delivering engineering services to a diverse Government client base, and
consulting with customers and supporting pre-sales engineering efforts to build the business. The candidate must
be able to quickly help obtain, document customer complex requirements and develop potential system solutions
Qualifications - External
Minimum Six (6) years experience in government solutions engineering, concept development and systems
• Hand-on implementation experience with network security devices, protection platforms, and monitoring
• Hands-on configuration and real world experience with enterprise class routers and switch product lines
including Cisco and Juniper.
• Significant experience with the logical, physical, functional, operational, and technical architecture of large and
complex information systems.
• Hands-on support during system installation/deployment and infrastructure upgrades
• Crypto equipment fundamentals and troubleshooting skills (TACLANE/KG-175, etc)
• Familiarity with Federal Government networks, and DOD technical requirements and is a plus.
• Knowledge of IPv6 and it's impact on future network designs
• Demonstrated expertise in supporting WAN technologies
• Familiarity with standard AT&T network product offerings
• Strong technical writing skills. Excellent organization skills to support work in a dynamic and fast-paced
• Self-motivated, including ability to effectively perform tasks under pressure
• BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• MS in related field is a plus.
• Cisco CCNP/CCIE or Juniper equivalent.
Desired Certifications and Training:
• Must possess an ACTIVE TS/SCI clearance with full scope poly
• DOD 8570 IAT Level II certification desired (Security+, SSCP, etc)
• Vendor certifications are a plus
• General Dynamics Taclane or other cryptographic equipment certifications are desirable.
AT&T - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If...