We are hiring for multiple positions for our Western/Southern Maine region.
*** Must have mobility to the following locations: Saco, Waterboro, Falmouth, Westbrook, Biddeford, Buxton, South Portland, Portland, Scarborough, Gorham, Standish and Kennebunk Maine ***
Place of residence will be taken into consideration for travel radius.
*** Experience Preferred, Must have availability to work OVERNIGHT and WEEKENDS ***
*** This training program is not intended as a guarantee of future positions. The intent of the program is to provide the district with an additional pool of candidates for current and future management needs. It also provides the selected candidate(s) with technical and management skills and the opportunity to practice those skills making them a more qualified candidate for future leadership positions ***
Essential Job Functions:
1. Supervise all duties and responsibilities of the grocery stocking crew.
2. Maintain the department compliance with pricing (if applicable).
3. Maintain product variety, sales prices and display philosophy necessary to achieve gross profit goals.
4. Maintain quality condition of all products through proper rotation.
5. Maintain Grocery Department presentation through proper ordering procedures and inventory control.
6. Responsible for maintaining the quality of department’s staffing, scheduling, and financial results.
7. Ensure compliance with company standards and programs for safety, fire prevention, and security.
8. Observe and ensure compliance with all company policies and established procedures.
9. Ensure the proper training of assigned associates.
10. Role-model appropriate workplace behavior.
11. Use good judgment in the assignment, delegation and follow-up for the efficient performance of the department.
12. Ensure that productivity levels are at or above company standards.
13. Ensure that work area is clean and organized both in the receiving and sales floor area.
14. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Ability to lead and direct the department associates. Effective communication and interpersonal skills. Desire to work in a team environment. Strong organizational skills. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements, including successful completion of the forklift and power jack training. Must meet minimum age requirements. Ability and availability to work overnight or early morning shifts as applicable.
1. Treat all associates with fairness, dignity and respect. Provide recognition of accomplishments and offer constructive criticism when necessary.
2. Maintain good communication with the management team and all associates.
3. Provide outstanding customer service.
4. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed.
5. Become familiar with, and adhere to all of the standard practices in the Grocery Standard Practices Manual.
6. Maintain confidentiality and high ethical standards.
7. Maintain a high standard of quality workmanship in performance of all specific duties and responsibilities assigned.
8. Cut, mark and stock cases, as required.
9. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Please fax job title you are applying for and resume to: Lisa Sullivan at fax # 207.985.9212.
Hannaford - 5 months ago
Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an upscale...