The Riverside County Regional Medical Center is seeking a Grounds Crew Lead Worker. Candidates interested in this position must possess experience in commercial grounds maintenance work. Strong organizational and leadership skills are required.
The incumbent is this position will plan, schedule, supervise, and participate in skilled gardening and grounds maintenance work for a large county facility; and supervise gardeners and other grounds maintenance staff in the performance of gardening and grounds maintenance duties on an ongoing basis.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Trains, assigns, schedules, supervises, and participates in the work of grounds crews including gardeners, grounds maintenance staff, and volunteers performing skilled gardening and grounds maintenance work.
• Inspects buildings, grounds, and equipment to locate needed maintenance or repairs; recommends and plans modifications in landscaping prioritizes work schedules.
• Supervises the preparation of landscaped areas for planting by cultivating and fertilizing soil; supervises the planting of lawns, trees, shrubs, the weeding and watering of landscaped areas, the pruning of trees and shrubs, and the application of soil and plant treatment chemicals.
• Recommends supplies and equipment needed for grounds maintenance; selects fertilizers, insecticides, and other chemicals as needed.
• Supervises and/or performs installation and maintenance of sprinkler systems including the preparation of schematics; may operate small tractors and other power equipment including power mowers and edgers.
• May supervise and/or perform masonry, exterior painting, semi-skilled carpentry, plastering, roofing, cleaning and maintenance of sewer lines and storm drains, metal gate repair, and chain link fence installation.
• Supervises demolition for remodeling purposes; supervises and/or performs parking lot maintenance including patching and striping; implements a preventive maintenance system and maintains all related records.
• Supervises crews in sweeping sidewalks, driveways, and parking lots, in raking leaves, and in trash disposal; prepare written work reports as required.
Experience: Two years of experience in skilled gardening or nursery work.
Experience: Three years of experience in grounds maintenance work which would have included the use of all of the following knowledges.
Knowledge of: Methods and practices of gardening, lawn installation, and maintenance; practical building maintenance methods; plant pests and disease control; plant propagation, irrigation techniques, and soil conditioning; installation and maintenance of sprinkler systems; use of power mowers, cultivators, garden tractors, and other power and hand gardening tools,
Ability to: Train grounds maintenance staff to use gardening equipment, chemicals, and soil amendments safely and effectively; to work with and supervise the work of others; identify need repairs or maintenance; perform a variety of gardening work and grounds maintenance; read and interpret landscape plans and lay out landscaping of new areas; prepare and maintain work schedules; keep records and prepare reports; follow written and oral directions; read and write English at a level required for successful job performance.
County of Riverside - 19 months ago