The CMV Driver is responsible for the efficient transportation of products to customers. The CMV Driver is also responsible for the timely reporting of overages, shortage, and damages.
The CMV Driver is required to have a valid driver’s license and a clean Motor Vehicle Record. Must be 21 years or older. A Commercial Drivers license is preferred. A driver preferably will have one year of previous experience in a distribution center or warehouse atmosphere, including receiving, pulling orders, packing orders, quality control and shipping. Minimum education requirement is a High School diploma or G.E.D.
PREFERRED OFFICE/MACHINE EQUIPMENT EXPERIENCE:
Understands basic computer systems for data entry and inquiry.
- Transport and deliver goods in accordance with the schedule as determined by Warehouse Manager/Transportation Manager.
- Unload or assist in unloading freight as required by customer. Properly secure loads and assure loads are within weight limits.
- Verify count and condition of goods loaded and unloaded. Make reports of overages, shortages, and breakage/damage as needed.
- Operate the truck/trailer units in a safe manner.
- Report any vehicle problems and defects to Maintenance Department.
- Comply with all Department of Transportation standards and regulations.
- Have and maintain a good driving record.
Must maintain a good attendance record.
- Ensure good customer relations by consistently delivering orders on time and acting in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintaining the security of the shipping dock.
- Identifying variables or exceptions to normal processing
- Any other job related tasks as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical warehouse environment and extensive driving. The employee is required to perform varied and repetitive warehouse tasks including possible operation of forklift, hand truck and manual lifting of boxes between 50 – 100 pounds.
Good grammar skills and effective communication skills. High energy level, comfortable performing multiple tasks in conjunction with day-to-day activities. Good interpersonal skills; team player, ability to communicate with diverse personalities, tactful, mature and flexible. Good reasoning abilities and sound judgement. Resourceful, well organized, dependable, efficient and detailed oriented. Service oriented. Maintain a high degree of professionalism. Driving and map reading skills, ability to understand direction (N, S, E, W) and road signs.
This employee will interact with management, company employees, customers and vendors.
PSS World Medical - 19 months ago
From basic supplies to sophisticated equipment, PSS World Medical keeps doctors offices and nursing homes stocked. The company distributes...