Description of the Position:
The Guest Room Attendant will provide outstanding guest service by ensuring a clean and well maintained guest room.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, and Tasks:
* All team members are obligated to support and uphold the Valley View Casino’s Standards of Excellence as outlined in the Team Member Guide to Success.
* Maintain positive guest relations at all times, resolving guest complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction. Greet guests in a courteous and caring manner using personalized service.
* Clean guest rooms including such tasks as making the beds, vacuuming, emptying trash, and cleaning and dusting all surfaces including furniture, picture frames, mirrors, windows, baseboards, carpet edges, inside and outside door panels, door ledges and thresholds.
* Clean under bed skirts, desk, tables, and behind night stands.
* Replenish all guest amenities and information folders as needed.
* Check and report all missing items such as clocks, ice buckets, hair dryers, and hangers.
* Clean bathrooms by scrubbing bathtubs, shower walls and doors, toilets, basins, and tile floors. Replenish all amenities such as soaps and tissues. Place clean bathmats on tubs and/or shower doors. Place clean towels on towel racks.
* Report unusual room conditions or rooms in need of repair to the Hotel Manager.
* Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the GRA cart.
* Maintain confidentiality of guest information and hotel data.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* Responsible for conducting all responsibilities in a professional and ethical manner
* Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
* Six months of previous cleaning experience.
* Knowledge of cleaning equipment, supplies, and chemicals.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English in both written and oral forms.
* Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the Tribal Gaming Agency.
* Must successfully pass a drug screening test.
* Must be able to successfully pass applicable auditions or skill testing.
* High school diploma or GED equivalent.
* Previous experience working in a hotel environment.
Physical Requirements of the Position:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Clear vision (close, distant, peripheral, and depth perception) is needed for navigating office and casino environments, reading and reviewing reports and policies, operating data processing equipment and other essential job functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear.
* The Team Member is regularly required to sit and use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
* The Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. Team Member must be able to stand for the majority of their shift.
* The Team Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
* The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
* While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is exposed to second hand tobacco smoke, moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
* The Team Member is usually subject to inside environmental conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
* The Team Member is occasionally subject to outside environmental conditions and to wet and/or humid conditions.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud.
* Native American hiring preference applies.
* This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be instructed by management to perform other tasks or functions.
* You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description and your ability to commit to the Standards of Excellence.
* Management has the right to revise this job description at any time.
* The job description is not a contract for employment.
Valley View Casino and Hotel - 14 months ago