This position operates Front desk services and PBX switchboard in a prompt, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Responsible for providing excellent guest service to mid and high-end guests by providing information pertaining to their comp limits, special services and amenities available as well as any special targeted player events.
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests.
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make changes accurately for the guests
- Post charges to guests' bills.
- Make and confirm room reservations for guests
- Keep records of room availability and guest accounts, manually or by computer
- Maintain money bank is kept accurate to a certain value.
- Redeems guest comp hotel offers presented by guests at check in.
- Ability to view and add comments in CMS.
- Establishes and maintains positive customer contact in all VIP interactions,at the front desk and on the telephone.
- Handles difficult customer interactions with high-end players, and directs mid to high end customer disputes to the appropriate authority.
- Must possess excellent telephone etiquette.
- Coordinates paperwork for complimentaries including room, food and beverage, special events and transportation for casino hosts, player development executives and casino personnel.
- Ensures guest contact is courteous, informative and thorough.
- Must possess skills as a problem solver in stressful situations as well as being task oriented with multiple responsibilities.
- Able to form positive relationships with external guests to communicate amenities information along with internal guests in order to communicate all aspects of VIP Services.
- Performs duties of guest service agent, operator, reservationist, and Bell Person as needed.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, holidays and fluctuating days off.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Previous customer service experience required.
- Preferred hospitality experience.
- Excellent administrative skills and communication skills required.
- Preferred knowledge of computer programs such as CMS, LMS, ARTS, and Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and be flexible with scheduling requirements.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 100 pounds and possess the mobility and dexterity required to meet the demands incumbent to this position.
- Must be able to stand/walk 100% of shift.
Required Natural Behaviors
- Ability to sustain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
Required Education and Work Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Some previous experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
Ameristar Casinos - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard