Environmental Advocates of New York seeks applicants for the position of Gala Consultant based in New York City. The Gala Consultant is a part time, term position that assists with the planning and execution of our 2013 Advocate Awards Gala, scheduled for November 12, 2013 in Manhattan. This consultancy is anticipated to begin as soon as possible and terminate on or about December 15, 2013, with a possibility of renewal.
Environmental Advocates of New York's mission is to protect our air, land, water and wildlife and the health of all New Yorkers. Based in Albany, we monitor state government, evaluate proposed laws, and champion policies and practices that will ensure the responsible stewardship of our shared environment. We work to support and strengthen the efforts of New York's environmental community and to make our state a national leader.
Salary andBenefits : Salary commensurate with experience. No benefits provided.
Environmental Advocates of New York seeks a smart, enthusiastic go-getter who is extremely detail-oriented. This position reports to the Director of Individual Giving. The Gala Consultant will be responsible for working with staff and board members to coordinate Environmental Advocates' annual fundraising event in New York City, coordinating the solicitation of host committee donors, mailings of personalized host committee letters and invitations, and provide logistical support for the event including coordinating menus, ordering flowers, table assignments, lighting, and audio equipment.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not Limited to:
The ideal candidate will have :
- Review mailing lists, materials and final listing for invitation and program insert.
- Prepare and implement itinerary for event
- Coordinate, manage and schedule the mailing of our host committee letters and invitations with event leadership
- Assist staff members to follow-up on letters and invitations mailed
- Contact subscribers for attendance, guest names, table guest lists and seating placement
- Coordinate logistics with venue and vendors
- Organize seating arrangements and floor plan
- Manage day of event including registration, seating and general event production
- Prepare closing statement for New York State Charities Bureau
- 2-3 years' experience in event or meeting planning
- is registered or willing to register with the Office of the Charities Registration in New YorkState
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build collaborative
relationships within an organization and with external parties
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and thrive in fast-paced environment
- Ability to work and complete tasks independently
- Integrity, flexibility and creativity
- Initiative, enthusiasm and a willingness to pitch in at all times
- Strong computer skills (Excel, and Word), familiarity with donor database is a plus
- Sense of humor is a must
- Bachelor's degree