GameHouse Canada is looking to hire multiple Game Artists!
At GameHouse, we believe it’s good to game! As the largest developer, publisher, and distributor of casual games, we offer more games and more ways to play them - all across the expansive mix of channels including online, download, smartphone, tablets, and leading social networks. We also power some of the world’s most popular game destinations including www.gamehouse.com, www.zylom.com, and www.atrativa.com.
GameHouse Canada, located in spectacular Victoria B.C., is aggressively expanding its social studio in 2012 as we embark on building a brand-new franchise—and we want YOU to be a part of that growth. We’re dedicated to making fun and rewarding social games that connect players with their friends and families. Our top-rated games on Facebook and Google+ include Adventure Slots, Let’s Make A Deal, Collapse! Blast, UNO® Boost, and more.
We are looking for a number of artistic wizards to join our GameHouse Canada studio as Game Artists to build blockbuster social games on Facebook. We currently have positions available for junior artists to Senior and Lead artists. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a talented Game Artist with strong creative skills to join the front lines of the social gaming revolution.
So why would you want to come here? In a word, FUN. What makes it fun? Great people that work in small teams that have big impact, great games, and a laid-back environment where people take their work seriously—but don’t take themselves too seriously.
The ideal candidate should be experienced in designing and developing art assets for games including the creation of original characters, backgrounds, animations and effects. They should be versatile and comfortable working in a broad range of visual styles and themes. Candidates should be eager to take ownership and drive the look and quality of the game from conception to completion.
Do you live to game? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
1. Create in game art assets, effects, animations and characters.
2. Construct user interface elements such as buttons, dialogs and HUD components.
3. Develop concept art for new games and features.
- 1+ years’ experience with Flash game art development.
- Expert-level 2D design and animation ability, as it pertains to games.
- Experience working with Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash.
- Strong understanding of the effective use of color and composition.
- A portfolio of work that can be viewed on-line. This portfolio should include both production and concept work.
GameHouse, a division of RealNetworks, Inc. (www.realnetworks.com), is an equal opportunity employer and supports workplace diversity.
- Bachelors of Fine Arts in digital or traditional art.
- Graphic design and layout skills, as it pertains to user interfaces and interactivity.
- Social gaming experience, as it pertains to casual MMOs, Facebook, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Please see above
Apply to this job
Email A Friend
Adweek - 15 months ago
- 3 days ago
Easily apply to this job
Sucker Punch Productions
Sucker Punch Productions
- 8 days ago
- 13 days ago
RealNetworks, Inc. creates and delivers digital media content such as music, games and video to consumers worldwide. It sells digital entert...