Game Designer III
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 6 months CTH
Work auth: Any
Game Designer III
Do you love games? Would you like you a job where you are central in making the games that people love to play? Well, the Game Designer III position will immerse you into slot machine game design. You will be essential in helping to create, design, calculate, analyze and process game ideas which eventually translate into online casino games. You will make sure that the math created for these games is accurate and follows various jurisdictional regulations. You will be expected to lead in working with other disciplines (Art, Technical Art, Engineering, Sound, Project Management) in a professional manner to see that the math created and the vision behind the game becomes a reality. Keeping up with games that are currently in development as well as strong knowledge of games in the marketplace will be key in helping to come up with new, innovative, patentable and viable game ideas. This comes in the form of providing critiques to other games within the game studio, absorbing and processing critiques on games that you will create, as well as possibly doing field research in a casino environment.
- Accountable for the design of multiple CLIENT games from concept to market (prototype); a leader in designing games including mathematics, creative look and feel; demonstrates competency in game design abilities.
- Utilizes advanced game design, mathematical, and creative skills to create multiple assigned games for CLIENT; focuses on the entire scope of game design elements
- Works on multiple games of various size & complexity and game design projects
- Typically works at least 3 games at a given time
- Executes the full scope of game design activities that involve basic creative thinking, industry and competitive knowledge and technical skills
- Develops and analyzes game mathematical properties (i.e., pay tables) and the design of updates and changes to pay tables for assigned game applications.
- Utilize knowledge of customer and end user preferences, math probability theories, play design concepts for gaming machines, design tools and player preferences such as likes and dislikes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or related field or equivalent experience; some work or coursework in probability/combinatorics.
- Typically has 5 to 7 years of experience in mathematics or game design or modeling.
- Must be able to deal with a variety of concrete and some abstract variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Has advanced knowledge of gaming products as well as deep knowledge of competitors’ and emerging industry products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities to solve a variety of problems in an accurate and timely manner.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment in order to meet various deadlines.
- Solid interpersonal skills in dealing with individuals from a variety of disciplines.
- Must be able to travel as needed and be at least 21 years of age.
- Experience with C/C++, JAVA or Visual Basic programming languages to help develop more complicated math models.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and office productivity software.
- Strong enthusiasm for games in general and gambling games in particular.
USA APPLICANTS ONLY
NO SPONSORSHIP PROVIDED
VertiSystem - 8 months ago