Konami Digital Entertainment, the famous game publishing company behind Metal Gear Solid and number one social game developer in Japan, is looking for talented people to join our growing social gaming studio in the US!
We are recruiting experienced Producers, Product Managers, Marketing Managers, Data Analysts, Game Developers, Game Designers, Graphic Artists, Flash Designers, and Senior Database Engineers. Experience in social games is a big plus! All positions are for employment in Northern California, US.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Create exciting new game designs
- Create high-level game design specifications that facilitate over-all implementation
- Create detailed design specifications for gameplay elements such as player actions, weapons, etc.
- Create detailed design specifications for boss battles, events, and AI behavior
- Determine prerequisites for design implementation including models, audio assets, program components, etc.
- Coordinate and communicate with art and engineering teams to ensure effective implementation of designs
- Adjusting game balance
Desired skills and pluses
- Extreme passion for creating games
- Strong sense of creativity and the ability to effectively communicate ideas and concepts
- Proactive problem solver capable of independently taking action
- Ability to rapidly implement dynamic new ideas and team feedback
- Ability to analyze game elements, communicate logically, and manage teams appropriately
- Strong leader with the ability to motivate others in order to realize a unified vision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Japanese or English
- Ability to adhere to schedules and work well under pressure
- Self-motivated, team player with strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
- Previous professional experience as a game designer
Gamasutra - 14 months ago