Location: Calabasas, CA
Type: Full Time
We are looking for an experienced game designer to build a music themed social game.
About the Position
The ideal candidate is someone who has expertise designing communities and has valuable experience designing highly social games. Our game- which is music themed- is focus on building a highly social experience for the user.
- Collaborate with departmental leads and design team to develop ideas for game content
- Take full design responsibility for the creation of zone/quest content up to and including map layouts, dialogue, and encounter documentation
- Must be able to work cooperatively with artists and programmers to see the design vision implemented through to completion
- Participate in creating and maintaining the overall vision of the game, but must have the ability to design, evaluate, tweak and balance the fine details on a day-to-day basis
- Provide qualitative feedback in an effort to provide superior game-play experiences
- Conceptualize, create and maintain detailed game design documentation throughout the project cycle.
- Coordinate with QA and provide test specifications
- Remain current on industry trends and techniques in game design
If you're interested, please send an email with your resume to: email@example.com
- 3 to 5 years of design/ development experience
- Rich experience in social and/or mobile gaming
- Direct experience with iOS/ iPad a plus
- Experience with Facebook games a plus
- Demonstrable success in creating compelling (fun, commercially viable, and critically-acclaimed) game-play, scenarios, activities, and encounters
- Intense creativity, a passion to innovate, and the drive to go beyond what is directly asked of you.
- A mature, professional attitude and work ethic. You need to be able to champion your ideas, yet accept and value the ideas of others
- Strong organizational skills: ability to keep track of minute details as well as the big picture while multitasking
- Music fan/ musician/ experience with music related products a plus
Von Church - 2 years ago