Rumble Games is looking for a Senior Platform Engineer to build massively scalable and shared services for the next generation of online games. Our mission is to enable 10MM+ DAU. We have assembled the best team this industry has seen, and we will transform the way people play together. Join us.
The Rumble Platform is built to enable AAA games to scale to 1MM concurrent users, to support great social aspects as well as optimized monetization, and be easy to operationally manage.
Our core infrastructure makes extensive use of AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, CloudFront, CloudFormation), Grails, Spring, Riak, ZooKeeper, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Mesos, and more.
We also support the IT needs of AAA game clients, which leverage Unity 3D, Flash 11, HTML5, iOS, and Android.
The Rumble platform team uses a high-velocity, agile, and effective development process based on 10+ years of lean-development experience and refinement. You need to be comfortable with rapid turn-around times, continuous releases, fully automated deployment, code review, shared ownership, feature-based development, and as many automated anti-regression tests as prudence requires.
You should also be a good modeler so we can try to work through designs and concepts before and during implementation. We need to have well thought out designs and documented public APIs to foster productive development and release process.
- Creating complex features from end-to-end: flexible web services APIs, scalable application servers and robust elastic persistence.
- Support analytics-driven tools by optimizing data collection and reporting.
- Identifying, evaluating, and integrating technology that improves the platform capabilities.
- Working with game developers to understand requirements and distill it into actionable specifications.
- Working with product managers and game engineers to predict needs of designers, publishers, analytics, etc.
- Building out truly impressive and distinct capabilities that make Rumble a top-tier platform. *Improving the reliability, productivity, and cost savings of operational infrastructure.
- Integrating into third party services (Facebook, Google+, Commerce, Support, etc.)
- Mentoring others on the Rumble platform architecture.
- 5+ years building sophisticated server-side applications, using appropriate technologies
- 3+ years professional Java experience, leveraging a wide variety of frameworks
- 3+ years professional SQL database experience
- Development experience in a startup or startup-like environment
- Knowledge of matchmaking, player presence, and/or other related algorithms and technologies *Professional experience with:
- Cloud and ephemeral computing
- Grails or equivalent web framework
- ZooKeeper, Riak, Cassandra, Mongo, and/or Redis
- Hadoop, R, Vertica, and/or Tableau
- MySQL tuning
- Facebook social APIs
- SmartFox, Unity3D, and/or Flash-11
How to apply
Or email resume directly:
Alexis dot albaugh at rumbleentertainment dot com
github：jobs - 20 months ago
Rumble was founded in 2011 with a mission to create the most engaging and fulfilling online game experiences on the planet. All of our games...