Anki is seeking a generalist to fill the role of Game Tools Engineer, building and enhancing the tools used to support our products.
This position will be responsible for balancing the need for fast turnaround with a longer term vision for tools which may have become a product in their own right. They will have worked on tools for a game, simulation or visual eects group and have experience working as part of a mid-size
Duties and Responsibilities
• Build and maintain a growing set of tools that support our products and users.
• Determine the need for, and develop, future tools.
• Use fast prototyping to test new features.
• As a member of the software development team, implement and maintain code base.
• Knowledge of C#/C++/Objective C
• Scripting skills: Perl/Python/Lua
• Comfortable with visualization and rendering, OpenGL/DirectX
• Very strong troubleshooting, debugging, and optimization skills
• Strong math skills
• Familiar with standards for putting leftover food away
• Familiarity with source control practices, and standard source control software (e.g. git, mercurial, perforce)
• Familiar with the test driven development practice/environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Competitive salaries, stock options and great benefits (health, subsidized public transportation costs, generous vacation)
Great waterfront San Francisco oce with lots of light and great views, convenient to MUNI, Caltrain, SF Ferry Building, Transbay Bus Terminal and BART
Early stage start-up where you’ll have a huge impact
Free catered lunches, snacks and drinks
You get to work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people!
Based in San Francisco, Anki is dedicated to bringing artificial intelligence and robotics to our everyday lives. The company was founded in 2010 by Carnegie Mellon Robotics Institute graduates who sought to create new consumer experiences using technology that was once confined to robotics labs and research institutes. Its first product, Anki Drive, will be available in North America later this Fall. The company is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures and Two Sigma. Anki (pronounced AHN-key) means “to learn by heart.” To learn more about Anki, Like us on Facebook , follow us on Twitter , or subscribe to us on YouTube .
- 19 months ago - save job