Sledgehammer Games, co-developers of Call of Duty MW3, is hiring!
Sledgehammer Games was founded with a singular goal: Achieve Excellence. We have a state of the art facility, an industry leading development team, and a studio culture built to promote and support world class game developers. We are actively recruiting top talent for our Call of Duty development team. If you are passionate and driven to do your best work, and have a desire to work on the most successful FPS franchise in the history of video games, please apply online.
Come take a closer look at our studio, our culture, and some of the worldwide press for our latest game, Modern Warfare 3, and at www.sledgehammergames.com.
The primary responsibility of the gameplay engineer role at Sledgehammer is to partner with a pod and drive gameplay systems and the level experience. The candidate will utilize a "C" like scripting language and C/C++. The Gameplay Engineer will be working hand-in-hand with a designer to prototype, iterate, and execute, on the level experiences. Additionally, the Gameplay engineer is expected to be a technical lead for their pod policing: frame rate, memory, content usage, risk assessment, bugs, mechanics, etc. Qualified candidates need to be a self-starter, able to operate in a highly dynamic environment, and have concise execution during times of high stress. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a solid technical background, a passion for the gaming industry and enjoys working with a powerful engineering team. This position reports into the Engineering Project Manager and will interact directly with all disciplines of the development team.
- Prototype, iterate, and execute, on the level experience and mechanics.
- Design, write, debug and refine gameplay systems, features, tools and infrastructure as needed.
- Work with content creators, designers, and other engineers to ensure coherence of game vision.
- Implement new and enhance existing gameplay systems and features according to the needs of the project.
- Policing content creators on frame rate, memory, and asset usage.
- 2+ years programming experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques.
- Enjoy working with scripting languages
- Contributed extensively to the development of two or more shipped games, PC or console.
- Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
- Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra (vector math, matrices)
- Client (designer) focused
- Thorough knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns.
- Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code.
- University-level degree in Computer Science or related field.
- A strong passion for video games of many kinds.
- Experience with computer game technologies including: Camera systems, AI programming, physics, 3D programming, animation, collision detection.
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code on current-gen consoles.
- Contributed extensively to the development of gameplay for at least two shipped console games.
United States-California-Foster City
Sledgehammer Games is a brand new state of the art studio comprised of some of the best in the industry. Established in 2009 by Glen...