Roles and Responsibilities:
* Provision, maintain, and scale systems (Linux), critical production services, and developer tools.
* Collaborates with Studio Devs at all layers of the LAMP/Java/Unity game stack from game’s inception to post-launch.
* Accountable for 24x7 managing of systems and networks and flawlessly troubleshooting and escalating incidents to ensure systems stays up and healthy.
* Coordinates system maintenance and changes, while minimizing customer impact and maximizing the productivity of company resources.
* 5+ years supporting large-scale web applications on modern platforms (Nginx, Apache, Ruby, Passenger, Tomcat, etc)
* Experience running mission-critical Linux production servers
* Experience developing and deploying fully automated environments with CfeEngine, Puppet or Chef
* Proficiency in BASH, PHP, Python and Ruby
* Experience managing SQL and NoSql servers (primarily MySql and MongoDB)
* Experience with systems and network monitoring and performance analysis using Nagios, Cacti, Munin, Graphite or others
* Experience with Memcache and Redis
* Experience with AWS/VMware/Openstack tools and environments
* Extremely good written and verbal communication skills
Zynga - 8 months ago