This is an entry level, support position for the Horticulture crews and will be charged with general plant installation, maintenance, and other duties as assigned. Responsibilities will include assisting with operations to include weeding, mowing, clean up and maintenance, watering, and pest control. The Gardener I will also help with special projects and events as needed.
Candidates for this position will be working with the orchid collection and must have extenstive knowledge of orchid care and maintenance.
· High school diploma.
· Must have some previous experience with the installation, maintenance, and care of annuals, perennials, and shrubs; should be comfortable with basic plant identification.
· Should be capable of working both independently with little supervision as well as a team; the ability to be proactive and take initiative where appropriate is essential.
· Must be able to exercise good judgment.
· Proven commitment to teamwork and delivering great internal and external service.
· Should be comfortable interacting with guests and working in a guest service environment.
· Ability to operate small gardening equipment and machinery safely (tractors, mowers, etc.).
· Become WPS certified within 10 days of hire.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and be at least 19 years of age.
· Repetitively lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds frequently.
· Works outdoors in all types of weather with fluctuations in temperature and conditions.
· Must be able to bend, stoop, reach overhead, and kneel.
· Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time and climb hills, stairs, ladders, etc. as needed.
**PLEASE NOTE** Candidates for this position will be working with the orchid collection and must have knowledge of orchid care and maintenance.
Biltmore - 2 years ago
The Biltmore Company doesn't need to build more. It oversees the Biltmore Estate, which includes the 250-room home (the largest...