Perform routine gardening and landscaping duties outdoors across a 74-acre campus. The gardening team is responsible for presenting a beautiful campus of landscaped areas including 10 acres of heavily used lawn areas. The work of this team is to present a clean, beautiful and welcoming Seattle Center campus. It supports Seattle Center’s goal of becoming the nation’s best gathering place. This position performs tasks such as planting, transplanting, weeding, pruning and care of seasonal plants, shrubs and trees. Mowing, aerating, over-seeding and fertilizing lawns and turf care.
This position is full time, Monday to Friday, 8 hours a day and may be required to work on week-ends and holidays. Seattle Center is a 24/7 hr operation.
- Perform skilled gardening and landscaping work in planting, cultivation, pruning and care of flowers, shrubs, trees, lawn and landscaped areas.
- Fertilize, mow, aerate, topdress, over-seed lawn areas.
- Utilize Integrated Pest Management, including pesticide applications for weed, insect and disease control.
- Understand cultural needs of specific plants and implement the appropriate landscape maintenance needed for a given site.
- Operate equipment such as riding mower, aerator/seeder, small tractor, backpack blower, edger, chainsaw and automated irrigation systems.
- Must work independently and expect to be held accountable for work performance.
- Strong customer service, communication and teamwork skills needed for success working with diverse workforce and a multicultural public and clientele.
- Two years of journey-level landscaper or gardener experience
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in all types of weather
- Combinations of education, training and experience will be evaluated on an individual basis for comparability
- A Washington Public Pesticide Operator’s License is required within one year of appointment;
- Current Driver License is required.
Seattle Center offers a unique opportunity for people seeking jobs that affect the community in exceptional and special ways. We are an urban park of 74 acres hosting hundreds of public events and commercial professional productions each year. We are home to KeyArena and McCaw Hall, as well as more than 30 cultural, educational, sports and entertainment organizations including the Space Needle, Pacific Science Center, EMP, the International Fountain, and a number of internationally acclaimed theater, ballet and opera companies.
With over 12 million visitors each year, Seattle Center is one of the top tourist attractions in Seattle. The various venues and event types happening on campus reflect the rich diversity of our community. Seattle Center employees directly impact the way people see, understand, and experience the City of Seattle and the Pacific Northwest region. This position offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment performing a critical function that offers complexity, variety, and fun – all while contributing to the legacy of an iconic Seattle community asset.
Seattle Center is seeking qualified professionals for the position of Gardener. We are currently recruiting for 2 positions ( possibly more in the upcoming months ). These positions report to the Gardener Crew Chief.
For additional information about Seattle Center, please visit our website at: www.seattlecenter.com
Seattle is known for innovation, progress and creative solutions. The City of Seattle provides a remarkable range of opportunities for...