The Gardener, is required to work with a minimum of supervision to perform a wide variety of duties to enhance the appearance of lawns, trees, shrubs, plants, walkway, recreational areas, road and parking lots at this 55 plus acre Medical Facility.
- Must be familiar with the diverse cultural and mainteance requirements of vegetation readily available for landscape use in Central Florida.
- Must be able to operates and maintains various types of power and mechanical equipment used in the maintenance of trees, shrubs, and lawns, includes such items as gasoline powerd tractor mowers, push mowers, edgers, sprayers, chainn saw, trenchers, powered sweepers, and other equipment needed to maintain the hospital ground.
- Knowledge of plants and gardening procedures in order to properly apply the correct kind and amount of fertilizer that is routinely used for grass, flowers, and shrubs, decides when plants are watered with correct amount and for the proper time period.
- Independently plans and carries out work/project assignments, keeping within the framework of established gardending practices.
- Advice on new or unfamiliar gardening methods or problems that arise.
- Ensuring that equipment is maintainted, greased, oiled and in safe operating condition before used; must properly clean and check equipment before storing and report to the supervisor and equipment not in proper operating or safe condition.
- All tools, protective clothing and safety equipment shall be kept clean and in a serviecable condition.
- Maintenance of a master irrigation system, comprised of electric valves; must properly disassemble/clean/repair and assemble irrigation valves, Must have basic knowledge of irrigation repair techniques.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 6:30 to 3:00 and rotating weekends.
Position Description Title/PD#: Gardener, 673-05483-0
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is a government-run military veteran benefit system with Cabinet-level status. It is...