The Army's, Family, Morale, Welfare and Recreation (FMWR) vision is to enhance the quality of life of the Soldiers, Families, Civilian and Military Retirees. If you are searching for an exciting and rewarding career serving our Soldiers and Families, then FMWR Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF) is the place for you.
This Gardener position is located at Pointes West Army Recreation Area in Appling, Georgia, in the Clark Hills area. This is a regular part-time position guaranteed 20 hours per week. Applicants must be available to work weekdays, weekends and holidays. Highly qualified applicants would have working knowledge of irrigation system installation and repair.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
Schedules and may be assisted by lower level employees in preparing planting areas; watering, fertilizing, planting, pruning and trimming plants, shrubs and trees. Maintains flowers and seeded areas to ensure attractive appearance. Determine quantities of plants and materials required for specific areas. Identifies and applies treatment for plant diseases, insects and related problems.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of plants and gardening procedures is required to determine proper conditions and methods for planting and cultivating (types and amount of fertilizer to use, amount of watering and space for growing space, etc). Skill in applying fertilizers evenly and placing seeds and plants at proper depths. Skill in operating hand and power tools and equipment (seeders, spreaders, edgers, hedge trimmers, pruning shears, and sprayers). Ability to recognize and treat for plant diseases, insects, and/or unusual or poor plant growth. Knowledge of fungicides, insecticides, and herbicides and the ability to read and follow directions in order to properly spray or dust with chemicals.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, and the pushing of carts and wheelbarrows. Climbing is required to prune or trim vegetation. Lifts and carries heavy objects such as bags of fertilizer, grass seed, etc. weighing up to 50 pounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is done outside, possibly in rain or in uncomfortably hot and humid conditions. Exposed to cuts and bruises from falls or from carrying materials and supplies. Exposed to dirt, dust, mud, chemical sprays and dust. Required to wear protective clothing such as gloves and safety glasses.
Conditions of employment:
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
4. All required background checks of AR 215-3, must be successfully completed and maintained including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI); to include a health assessment is required.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Ability to do the work without more than normal supervision, Highly preferred, Physical effort, Knowledge of materials, Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment, Ability to interpret instructions.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 9 months ago
Department of the Army
Fort Gordon, GA
- 13 days ago
- 12 days ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...