Installs and maintains landscapes, hardscapes, and water features at single or multiple properties according to maintenance program guidelines and company policies. Uses personal protective equipment provided by Company.
- Operates walk-behind powered rotary mower to cut lawns. Trims and edges around walks, driveways, flower beds and walls using powered line trimmer. Removes lawn clippings, leaves, other debris or litter from grounds, using rake, broom, or powered backpack blower.
- Prunes trees and shrubs using hand and pole saws, hand pruners, loppers and hedge shears. Weeds and grubs around trees, shrubs, and flower beds using hand weeder, trowel, or hoe.
- Applies granular and liquid fertilizers using walk-behind spreader and liquid sprayer. Measures or mixes and selects applicator setting according to product instructions. Cleans equipment after each use.
- Installs and removes plants, mulching materials and soil conditioners. Digs and fills holes with shovel. Spreads materials and incorporates in soil using rake, bedding fork or cultivator. May operate compactor, aerator or dethatcher as required to maintain lawns.
- Visually inspects systems in operation and measures coverage.
- Maintains tools and equipment in operating condition. Cleans, fuels, changes oil, and replaces filters and spark plugs on gasoline-powered mowers, trimmers and blowers. Replaces expended trimmer monofilament line and removes, sharpens and replaces mower blades. Scrapes or brushes debris, washes, lubricates and sharpens cutting surfaces on hand tools.
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years related landscape maintenance experience.
- Familiarity with function, safe use and maintenance of variety of basic hand and power tools.
- Familiarity with design, function and maintenance of irrigation systems.
- Familiarity with variety of landscape plants, materials and chemicals used in South Texas.
- Willingness and ability to work rotating 24/7 on-call duty.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and occasionally required to sit.
- Regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds; occasionally required to lift up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; and outdoor weather conditions.
- Frequently works in high, precarious places; exposed to fumes, airborne particles and vibration.
- Occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
- Noise level regularly ranges from loud to moderate.
Lewis Energy Group - 4 months ago