PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Responsible for maintaining the physical appearance of the PIER 39 premises.
- Maintain planter beds and containers in PIER 39’s west park, front plaza and surrounding areas
- Water, fertilize, mulch and compost containers and planter beds
- Seasonally plant for colorful displays
- Maintain wood barrels for esthetics and safety
- Respond to irrigation needs by hand watering using a 100’ hose or programming the irrigation controller for larger areas.
- Mow and edge lawns
- Hedge and thin shrubs in the parks to natural shapes
- Seasonally decorate pier for the holidays
- Lead seasonal landscape tours for the public
- Keep lawn beds and containers clean of trash and graffiti
- Troubleshoot and repair irrigation problems
- Pick up supplies needed for the department
- Any miscellaneous tasks as requested or required TBA (to be assigned)
· Ability to operate vehicles
· Ability to program and operate an irrigation controller
· Ability to operate turf and power equipment
· Ability to use extension ladders
· Ability to use hand tools
· Knowledge of plants
· Knowledge of weeds and how to control them
· Knowledge of pests and diseases
· Ability to work within a fast paced environment
· Ability to work independently or as a team player
· Safe work habits and positive attitude
· Valid California Driver’s License and clear DMV record
· Ability to perform physical activities as required and lift up to 50 lbs.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
· Medium to Heavy Work – Position involves sitting, standing and/or walking. Position requires ability to frequently exert up to 50 pounds of force to carry, lift, push, pull and otherwise move objects and complete maintenance and facilities activities.
· Activities include; balancing, climbing, kneeling, grasping, hearing, pushing, lifting, pulling, standing, reaching, repetitive motions, and walking
PIER 39 - 18 months ago