Rogers Memorial Hospital, the area's leader in behavioral health services, is looking for a Part Time Gardener to join our Oconomowoc Campus!
Are you a gardening professional that is enthusiastic about gardening? We are looking for someone focused on preserving our rich history and legacy with the English gardens. Use your talents to create and facilitate an exceptional, beautiful outdoor environment for enjoyment by our patients, families and employees.
The gardener is responsible for the maintenance and care of specific gardens and grounds areas on the Hospital property.
1. Must have good hand-eye coordination to use hand tools.
2. Able to perform all gardener duties and possess judgment to work within the limits of abilities.
3. Able to adapt readily to change in assignments.
4. Possess judgment to work out problems within specified boundaries related to gardening.
5. Able to lift and carry tools and push a garden cart or wheelbarrow.
6. Able to climb ladders.
7. Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
8. Verbal and hearing ability required to interact with patients and employees. Numerical ability required to maintain records.
9. Able to plan, control and direct all aspects of employee relations. Tact required to deal effectively with employees and professional staff. Logical thinking and discretion required to make decisions in initiating and implementing policies and procedures and standards.
10. Must be able to read and communicate through written, verbal and auditory skills and abilities.
11. Physically/Mentally able to perform job duties as verified by a physical exam by a licensed physician, per post-employment physical.
1. High school diploma required, with advanced vocational or technical education strongly preferred.
2. Previous experience in garden technology preferred.
3. Trained in areas of garden care equipment.
4. Valid Wisconsin drivers license required.
To apply please visit our Career Center on the website rogershospital.org and complete an online application
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network
Rogers Memorial Hospital is a non-profit comprehensive behavioral health hospital, offering in-patient, day and residential treatment for depression, addiction, eating disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and anxiety disorders for children, teens and adults. For more information visit our website at rogershospital.org
A Key Corporation of Rogers Behavioral Health System, Inc
Rogers Memorial Hospital is a non-for-profit mental health care provider offering child, adolescent, adult and older adult acute care, child...