1. Submit resume to the email address listed in this posting.
2. Qualified candidates will be contacted with more details.
3. Applications will be accepted through 3/22/2013 at 5pm.
4. Do not call or fax.
COMPANY: San Francisco Patient & Resource Center
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
JOB TITLE: Gardener I
STATUS: Hourly, Non-Exempt
COMPENSATION: $14-$16 an hour; after 90 days, includes health benefits, sick, and vacation time.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Gardener is responsible for the day-to-day upkeep of all plants. Actively participate and coordinate in crop production and harvest plants for indoor, outdoor and greenhouse facilities; assist with nutrient, irrigation, pest control, harvest, and other crop specific production practices, while maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
Understand and embrace the mission of San Francisco Patient and Resource Center and role in the community.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Nursery/Garden Manager and Production Director.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work may require prolonged sitting/standing, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate farm equipment, a computer, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing. Requires close vision with the ability to see color and adjust focus. Requires lifting up to 50 pounds regularly, pushing/pulling up to 100 pounds, and using assistance (multiple people, forklift, dolly) when lifting/moving over 100 pounds.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a busy medical cannabis nursery facility. The outdoor/indoor and greenhouse facility areas are very loud due to fans and filtration systems, fluctuating between extreme cold and hot temperatures. Will be exposed to the normal chemicals found in a crop production facility (i.e. fertilizers). Work may be stressful at times and may include dealing with difficult people and/or law enforcement. Must be available to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays, and/or events.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Maintain set quality control on medicine.
2. Check product/medicine for mold, bud rot or other abnormalities and report to manager.
3. Ensure proper care of medicine/product through trimming, watering, feeding, temperature, etc. as needed.
4. Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following OSHA regulations, organization standards and legal regulations.
5. Store and transport medicine/product in designated areas.
6. On-going education on medicine and proper cultivating standards.
7. Maintain strictest confidentiality in compliance with HIPPA guidelines.
8. Maintain a positive work environment conducive to trust and respect.
9. Assist with execution of production and harvest plans to include drying and curing activity specific to the harvest.
10. Assist with and follow crop production plan to include an integrated pest management plan (IPM).
11. Develop proficiency and follow safety practices with the operation of equipment, fertigation systems, greenhouse controls, water distribution system, security system, etc., which includes performing preventive maintenance tasks, troubleshooting malfunctions, and assisting with repairs.
12. Participate and follow inventory forecast and control practices and assist with inventory audits/reconciliation for all inventory and materials to include supplies, plants, processed product, equipment, etc.
13. Perform other related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to maintain plants accurately and efficiently.
2. Ability to communicate clearly, honestly and effectively with other associates in all situations.
3. Ability to adhere to the highest customer service with the public at all times.
4. Ability to perceive and meet the needs of team members and management.
5. Ability to maintain high standards in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment.
6. Ability to collect and record accurate production data.
7. Knowledge of cannabis strains and genetics, growing practices and the medicinal effects of cannabis.
8. Possess a high level of organization, patience, and flexibility.
9. Maintain a current medical cannabis physician recommendation and CA Medical Cannabis Identification Card issued by the DHS at all times.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience in medical cannabis industry highly desirable, but not required. Must be 18 years old and pass criminal background check and LiveScan fingerprint scan per Sebastopol Police Department.