Responsible for marketing and sales activities including directly negotiating, closing and preparing various agreements for the sale and purchase of natural gas and/or natural gas assets in assigned territory(s). Negotiates long term supply, transportation and/or storage management services with suppliers, producers, LDC’s or other end-users. Analyzes and evaluates transaction structuring options and makes recommendations to increase market penetration and profitability. Understands Calpine’s power asset portfolio and existing supply structures and works to compliment the supply needs of the power plants with gas structures that lower cost, increase operational flexibility and provides other trading uplift opportunities.
Develops marketing plans and serves as subject matter expert and provides market intelligence regarding project development and acquisition opportunities with respect to natural gas purchases or sales, natural gas assets, collaborating with related areas such as Risk Management, Asset Optimization, and Business Development. Leads teams in proposal development and customer presentations related to the marketing of natural gas.
• Expert knowledge.
• Mature, experienced, innovative professional including strong structuring and analytical skill sets. Regularly applies risk management tools in commodity markets.
• Uses advanced knowledge of own function, including a solid understanding of contract documentation and broad knowledge of other functions.
• Serves as senior advisor to management; influences highly complex decisions regarding the direction or operation of department.
• Identifies and takes ownership for developing ideas for technical or business improvement initiatives that impact department/division.
• Works on significant and unique issues and projects.
• Regularly uses independent judgment in the evaluation of intangibles or situations with minimal precedent or standards available for reference. Selects methods, techniques, analytical approach and evaluation criteria.
• Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or highly complex special assignments.
• Sets technical direction for a department; assists management with setting the strategic direction for key products, research areas, programs and services.
• Negotiate and influence – interprets department policies and services, conflicts and influences outcomes on matters of significance to the department/division.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Marketing, Business or related field or equivalent; prefer MBA. Requires advanced business acumen and strong negotiation skills and experience in complex contract negotiations, conflict management and proven record of closing deals.
• Expert knowledge with experience in Calpine’s industry sectors; typically requires minimum of 10+ years in the energy industry as a natural gas marketer with energy companies, including previous physical gas and commodity trading/marketing experience. Must have a thorough understanding of the commercial and operational implications of all deals.
Calpine - 9 months ago
Calpine may get hot, but it also knows how to blow off some steam. In 2012 the independent power producer and marketer controlled...