The Gas Scheduler for our Wholesale Gas Supply Department will be part of a team primarily responsible for performing physical gas s cheduling functions for National Grid ’s regulated natural gas utilities . The Lead Gas Scheduler will perform gas scheduling processes (nominations, capacity release, pathing a nd trade capture system scheduling) in a timely and accurate manner. The Lead Gas Scheduler will work closely with both traders and planners to clearly understand and meet energy commodity requirements in order to ensure reliable, least cost service for the ratepayer and maximize the performance of the natural gas portfolio. The Lead Gas Scheduler will also work closely with the Manager of Gas Scheduling and the Manager of Gas Transportation to establish work priorities for the other gas schedulers. As part of the responsibilities of this position, the Lead Gas Scheduler will also take part in the on-call rotation and will receive an Emergency Restoration assignment for major storms as required. Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Maintainng all aspects of the first of the month, next-day and intra-day scheduling functions for N ational Grid’s regulated natural gas utilities .
- Managing capacity releases for gas off-system sales transactions, Asset Management Arrangements (AMAs) and Retail Choice programs according to National Grid’s policies and procedures and FERC regulations.
- Executing trades on an as needed basis to balance daily natural gas receipts and deliveries.
- Analyzing pipeline balances and reconciles imbalances, including coordination of make-up/pay-back schedules with counterparties and pipelines.
- Working closely with the Gas Traders to ensure that all scheduling and trading processes are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensuring data entry requirements are met to properly settle with counterparties.
- Executing transactions in accordance with all risk policies and limits.
- A Bachelor’s d egree in Engineering, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science , Management Information Systems or other analytic discipline and/or equivalent work experience is required.
- Minimum 5+ years physical gas scheduling experience including strong understanding of gas supply planning, gas trading, asset management and retail choice programs is required .
- Extensive experience scheduling physical gas and executing capacity releases on interstate pipelines serving Northeast markets (e.g. Transco, Texas Eastern, Tennessee , Algonquin, Iroquois, Dominion, etc.) is required .
- Strong knowledge of physical gas markets including interstate pipeline grid, rates and services. Understanding of gas supply/operations as it relates to gas LDCs.
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Outstanding problem solving skills, communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment required.
Monster - 20 months ago
It's not gridlock but a lock on the Grid that is a good thing for National Grid. It is the sole owner and operator of the electricity...