Maine Natural Gas (MNG) is an affiliate of Iberdrola S.A., the LARGEST RENEWABLE ENERGY COMPANY and one of the top 5 largest energy companies in the world.
Companies under the Iberdrola-USA umbrella include: Rochester Gas & Electric, New York State Electric & Gas, and Central Maine Power Each Company has provided service to customers for over 150 years. Currently, they serve approximately 2.7 million customers in New York and Maine.
Iberdrola USA is a team of dedicated individuals working as one to deliver value to our customers, employees and shareholders.
Scope of Work - Main duties, settings, geography, reporting relationships, other relationships:
A Gas Technician at Maine Natural Gas (MNG) is responsible for carrying out the tasks required for the safe operation and maintenance of MNG’s Transmission system, Distribution systems, Metering & Regulating Stations, and District Regulator Stations. Construction Coordinator duties include the planning, permitting and inspection of new construction and coordination of the work performed by MNG’s construction contractor.
A Company vehicle is assigned to each Gas Technician. It shall be the
Gas Technician’s responsibility to:
• Operate the vehicle courteously and in accordance with all laws of the
• State of Maine or any other state in the event that out-of-state travel
• is required.
• Keep the vehicle clean and neat to project a good company image
• Assure that the vehicle receives the necessary repairs, periodic
• maintenance and state inspections to keep it operating safely and
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
1. Inspection of work performed by contractors.
2. Main and service installation.
3. Meter installation and reading.
4. Emergency response to gas odor calls.
5. Operation and maintenance of metering and regulating stations.
6. Operation and maintenance of district regulator stations.
7. Emergency response to alarms at stations.
8. Locating facilities in response to Dig Safe calls.
9. Periodic testing, inspection, and leak surveys.
10. Perform Gas Analysis and Safety Demonstrations.
11. Assume the duties of the Operations Supervisor in his absence.
12. Record keeping in accordance with MNG’s Operating & Maintenance procedures.
1. Work with Marketing to locate meters and service for new customers
2. Development of construction prints for new main and services.
3. Preparation and submission of necessary permits for pipe installation.
4. Preparation of construction folders for MNG’s construction contractor.
5. Inspection of work performed by the construction coordinator.
Education & Experience Required:
• Must possess a valid, Maine driver’s license. If coming from out-of-state, shall possess a valid driver’s license in the state of residence and obtain a Maine license within three months of starting work.
• High School Diploma required.
• Associate’s Degree in Engineering Technology, Construction Engineering preferred.
• Will be required to respond to any emergency within 45 minutes.
EnergyCentralJobs.com - 18 months ago