Responsible for providing a point of contact for walk-in traffic, collection of admission fees, granting access to the aquatic facility and supporting the highest levels of customer service for participants, staff and visitors.
· Meets, greets and collects admission fees to aquatic facility.
· Answers the telephone and provides information in response to public or official inquiries.
· Addresses inquiries for requests for services, complaints and other public contact work.
· Receives receipts and deposits money from citizens and maintains accurate records of transactions.
· Sells daily admission tickets and discount seasonal passes.
· Opens and/or closes gate booth according to standard procedures.
· Maintains a safe environment by monitoring patron traffic; uses good judgment in contacting appropriate personnel as needed.
· Maintains a professional and personable demeanor while working with participants, staff and visitors.
· Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of the Kingsport Aquatic Center (KAC).
· Knowledge of all applicable laws, ordinances, policies, standards, and regulations pertaining to the specific duties and responsibilities of the job.
· Knowledge and skill in the use of electronic equipment and software programs related to job
· Knowledge of and the ability to render First Aid and CPR.
· Ability to effectively communicate and interact with supervisor, staff, members of the general public and all other groups involved in the activities of KAC.
Education and Experience:
Must be a minimum age of 15 and have general knowledge of cash handling and point of sale cash register operations.