GENERAL CLERK III
This position uses some subject-matter knowledge and judgment to complete assignments consisting of numerous steps varying in nature and sequence. The General Clerk III selects from alternative methods and refers problems not solvable by adapting or interpreting substantive guides, manuals, or procedures. Typical duties include: assisting in a variety of administrative matters; maintaining a wide variety of financial or other records (stored both manually and electronically); verifying statistical reports for accuracy and completeness; compiling information; and handling and adjusting complaints.
The General Clerk III may also direct lower level clerks. Positions above level IV are excluded. Such positions (which may include supervisory responsibility over lower level clerks) require workers to use a thorough knowledge of an office's work and routine to: 1) choose among widely varying methods and procedures to process complex transactions; and 2) select or devise steps necessary to complete assignments. Typical jobs covered by this exclusion include administrative assistants, clerical supervisors, and office managers.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES include the following. In this position, either directly or through others, the incumbent will :
- Ability to identify different document types.
- Maintain a record of completed work.
- Maintain levels of productivity and quality based on department standards.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of client information per guidelines.
- Work according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards with minimal supervision within the assigned time frame.
- Follow instructions and communicate with supervisor or trainer when appropriate to insure client expectations are met.
Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS : Minimal requirements for education, knowledge and experience :
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to use personal computer.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Good time management skills.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS : This position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Work schedule generally consists of 40 hours per week, which may include on-call status, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Ability to lift 20 - 50 pound containers.
- Must be able to spend long periods of time standing/and or sitting.
- High levels of repetitive motion on a daily basis.
This position description has been prepared to assist in defining job responsibilities, physical demands, working conditions and skills needed. It is not intended as a complete list of job duties, responsibilities and/or essential functions. This description is not intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision. SOURCECORP retains and reserves any or all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.
Additionally, SOURCECORP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
SourceHOV LLC - 18 months ago