First date of posting: 1/29/13
Last date of posting: 2/19/13
Authority: TA / OA / MTA Bus
Division/Unit: Regional Bus Company
Reports To: Asst. Gen. Mgr., Operations
Hours of Work: As Required
Salary Range: $87,600 - $138,500
This position is responsible for all business functions at specific bus depots throughout NYC Transit, and MTA Bus. This includes budget development and control; tracking of overtime and progress towards departmental goals; personnel administration; and reporting on and analyzing depot methods, procedures and performance. Will be responsible for providing operations support to the depot as well as fulfilling the specific informational requirements and/or analytical reporting needs of both the Division General Manager and the Operations Support Division. Manage various personnel activities for depot employees such as payroll submission, distribution and problem resolution; training needs and medical examinations (routine or random).
Education and Experience
1. A baccalaureate degree in Business Administration or related; AND
2. Eight (8) years experience in administrative/support functions, of which at least four (4) years must have been in a Managerial/Supervisory capacity; OR
3. A satisfactory equivalent of education and experience
- In-depth knowledge of policies, procedures, guidelines and practices related to personnel, timekeeping, budget, procurement, training, etc.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Knowledge of bus transportation business.
Based on evaluation of education, skills, experience and interview.
All selected candidates will be subject to a full background investigation that includes employment and education. Discrepancies may lead to dismissal
How To Apply
Qualified applicants can submit an online application by clicking on the APPLY NOW button from either the CAREERS page or from the JOB DESCRIPTION page.
If you have previously applied on line for other positions, enter your user name and password. If it is your first registration, click on the CLICK HERE TO REGISTER hyperlink and enter a user name and password; then click on the REGISTER button.
Filing a resume for a candidate under the alias of another applicant will result in disqualification.
Equal Employment Opportunity
MTA New York City is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.