In this position you will be responsible for performing designated functions of general accounting; maintaining an accurate and complete set of accounts payable and accounts receivable; and reporting information required by management to ensure effective operation decisions. Specific responsibilities include:
- Performs work in a safe manner following all company safety rules and procedures.
- Commitment to Total Quality Leadership (TQL) through implementation of the Quality Policy and participation in, or support of, teams and work groups. Understand and comply with all applicable requirements of the Company’s ISO/cGMP quality system as documented in the Quality Manual, System Procedures, and Work Instructions.
- Accounts payable functions including:
- Maintain vendor master files for new and existing vendors
- Matching receivers with corresponding vendor invoices
- Assign vendor numbers to all freight and miscellaneous bills
- Review vendor invoices for approvals and voucher into system (including inbound and outbound freight). Also review for sales tax issues.
- Coordinate with Buffalo office for invoices requiring wire transfer payments
- Cash receipts and accounts receivable functions including:
- Prepare bank deposits
- Post payments to customer accounts from lockbox and checks received
- Verify credit card approvals and enter credit payments
- Cash management functions including:
- Maintain bank accounts daily
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Record misc. expenses from bank accounts (FSA, P/R fees, bank fees, etc.)
- Prepare cash and A/R control reports with Administrative Assistant and tie to GL
- Approves new customer accounts and credit limits.
- Prepares monthly general journals and monthly / yearly reports for various balance sheet accounts including customer tooling, property taxes and insurance.
- Works with Buffalo office to maintain insurance files and certificates of insurance.
- Works with Materials Department to reconcile inventory.
- Assists in operating and capital budgeting; assists with providing budget analysis on a monthly basis for all departments.
- Reconciliation of all intercompany transactions on a monthly basis. Assists in all intercompany and/or related party accounting issues.
- Assists in preparation of government reports and requests.
- Prepares schedules for year-end as determined by external auditors.
- Cross trains in analysis of property taxes, saleable machinery, customer-owned tooling, other income and other expense accounts.
- Coordinates pre-employment background checks and physicals for applicants. Assists with new hire paperwork and onboarding.
- Cross-trains in other Administrative functions as needed.
To qualify, you must have a Bachelors Degree in Business or Accounting; Masters Degree preferred. A minimum of 1 - 3 years of accounting experience required; 3 – 5 years of accounting experience preferred. Experience with accounts payable and receivable; familiarity with general ledger, experience with an ERP system and PC and spreadsheet knowledge required. The successful candidate will have strong mathematical and analytical capabilities and good oral and written communication skills.
Multisorb Technologies - 13 months ago
Multisorb Technologies is the worldwide leader in active packaging technology. For over 50 years Multisorb has offered solutions for...