Additional Job Information
Title: General Accounting Analyst
City, State: Indianapolis,IN
Location: AH Ministry Service Center
Department: MSC General Accounting
Additional Job Details: Full-Time
The Ascension Health Ministry Service Center serves our clients, delivers value and enables new possibilities for our health ministries throughout the US. Join us and you’ll find an organization with a higher mission.
We respond to an ever-changing workplace by building a community of associates that are flexible, creative and innovative. We reward them with respect and recognition. We seek balance in our work and in our lives, and encourage spirituality in the workplace. Every associate at Ascension Health is unique and comes to us with different needs. We strive to have the programs in place that meet those needs.
The Accounting Analyst proactively performs and sustains detailed and complex analysis on the financial statements to ensure all health ministries’ are meeting financial performance targets and providing detailed reporting to assist the health ministries in making data driven strategic decisions to achieve the overall system mission. The Accounting Analyst is also responsible helping analyze specific subledger transactions to support the close and financial review process.
Education & Experience:
- Understands and develops performance metrics.
- Develops performance reporting and variance analysis.
- Coaches and develops team members on processes and provides timely feedback on performance.
- Works with the team on corrective action plans to resolve variances identified during analysis.
- Identifies, through data and analysis, areas of opportunity to improve processes and improve services.
- Develops and maintains data analytic reporting to assist leadership in making data driven strategic decisions.
- Clearly communicates to all levels of management analytic reports, findings, and opportunities to improve performance and financial reporting.
- Assists deployment teams’ onboarding health ministries to proactively reduce abrasion.
- Assists team in developing tools necessary to proactively maintain trend analysis, document results, identify corrective actions, and communicate information to leadership monthly.
- Obtains data necessary to create audit and tax work papers.
- Develops tools necessary so departmental objectives are consistently realized and clearly reported.
- Develops dashboard, scorecard and scoreboard reporting to ensures all work is performed in accordance with established service targets and timelines and identifies corrective actions required to quickly resolve any out of compliance service targets.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge and understanding of accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Performs responsibilities in full compliance with standards, policies and procedures.
- Maintains positive work relationships and communicates effectively with members of other teams in the Ministry Service Center to ensure compliance with cross-team responsibilities and facilitate cross functional process improvements.
- Serves as the primary subject matter expert through effective communication with Ministry Service Center customers at the health ministry’s’ receiving services.
- Researches and responds timely to detailed and complex client inquiries, activity based concerns and requests.
- Conducts meetings with the health ministries on recurring issues identified by data analysis and help facilitate correction Actions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with an emphasis on data analytics preferred
- 5+ years of related experience required
- Experience in shared services/internal service delivery role highly desired
- Experience working with ERP Finance module within PeopleSoft preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office to develop complex analytic tools using Excel spreadsheets or Access; use of Word and PowerPoint to effectively communicate with peers, customers, and leadership.
The Ascension Health Ministry Service Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center Team, please apply by completing an online application.
The Ascension Health Ministry Service Center participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-992-4672 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST M-F.
A Member of Ascension Health
- 2 years ago - save job