Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Manage a team engaged in collecting, recording, analyzing, and reporting accounting transactions. May manage operations related to general accounting or other specialty areas. Hire, manage, train, develop, and evaluate staff. Develop, implement, document, and ensure adherence to practices and procedures. Participate in or lead special projects.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage daily team activities related to booking accounting transactions, preparing and validating account reconciliations, and resolving issues and exceptions on a timely basis.
- Plan, review, and/or prepare internal and external reports, schedules, and statements.
- Review, establish, and monitor financial controls. Identify opportunities to streamline and automate. Improve efficiencies to reduce costs.
- Respond to Audit, consultant, and other stakeholder inquiries and requests.
- Identify and facilitate technology changes to support business needs.
- Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules.
- Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- CPA preferred
- Detailed understanding of GAAP accounting required and knowledge of securities and securities accounting preferred.
- Previous experience managing and developing staff.
- Ability to manage through a monthly close process as well as managing daily team activities related to accounting transactions and validating account reconciliations.
- Demonstrated experience working with internal and external auditors and responding to other stakeholder requests.
- Ability to identify opportunities to streamline and automate
- Experience managing a team of people
- Previous Big 4 or operational accounting experience preferred.
- Hands on experience with securities accounting and subledger preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 16 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...