General Accounting Mgr
City, State: Indianapolis,IN
Location: AH Ministry Service Center
Department: MSC General Accounting
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Day, 40,Weekly
The Ascension Health Ministry Service Center serves our clients, delivers value and enables new possibilities for our health ministries throughout the US. Join us and you’ll find an organization with a higher mission.
We respond to an ever-changing workplace by building a community of associates that are flexible, creative and innovative. We reward them with respect and recognition. We seek balance in our work and in our lives, and encourage spirituality in the workplace. Every associate at Ascension Health is unique and comes to us with different needs. We strive to have the programs in place that meet those needs.
Manage the day-to-day operations of general accounting for Ascension Health Ministries which is to process transactions, provide analysis and reporting, and to resolve escalated issues. Ensure transactions and health ministries’ requests are handled in a manner that achieves the optimal balance between cost/efficiency and service delivery.
Education & Experience:
- Responsible for managing client onboarding activities.
- Responsible for ensuring month-end close process meets system office requirements including quarterly hard close checklist submission.
- Reviews and approves work performed by General Accounting Team.
- Leads monthly close calls with finance business partners.
- Prepares, analyzes, maintains, and explains trend information.
- Prepares and reviews audit and tax work papers and responds to internal and external audit inquiries.
- Responsible for ensuring systematic processes function as designed..
- Maintains positive work relationships with members of other teams in the Ministry Service Center, Health Ministries and Associates to communicate effectively and to ensure compliance with cross-team responsibilities.
- Manages special projects and related research.
- Manages goal-setting and staff performance reviews.
- Assists with on-boarding process by training new team members.Researches and responds to client inquiries and requests.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor's Level Degree in Accounting required and 7-10 years of related experience
- Experience in the healthcare industry strongly preferred
- Experience in shared services/internal service delivery role preferred
- Minimum of three years experience working with ERP Finance Model
- Minimum of three years of supervisory experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office- Word, Excel, PowerPoint
The Ascension Health Ministry Service Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center Team, please apply by completing an online application.
The Ascension Health Ministry Service Center participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-992-4672 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST M-F.
A Member of Ascension Health
- 2 years ago - save job