The General Clerk 1 follows clear detailed, specific procedures in completing several repetitive clerical steps performed in a prescribed or slightly varied sequence. These procedures consist of coding and filing documents, posting data to individual accounts, opening mail, and calculating post charges to departmental accounts. Additional duties consist of operating photocopiers, facsimiles, multi-line phones/voicemail systems, mailing machines, and minimal computer programs.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and manage correspondence, reports and documents.
- Implement and maintain office systems.
- Maintain filing systems.
- Maintain databases.
- Communicate verbally and in writing to answer inquiries and provide
Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Liaison with internal and external contacts.
- Coordinate the flow of information both internally and externally.
- Manage office space and operate office equipment.
- Answer Phones
- Maintain Employee Confidentiality
- Prepare New Hire Orientation Packets
- Certified Mail Correspondence
Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- High School Diploma, Associates Degree preferred.
- One year of administrative experience.
- The ability to work at an accelerated pace.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications including Word, Excel,
must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Type 50 words per minute.
- Familiar with Military Security Clearance Procedures.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and
Strategic Resources, Inc. - 2 years ago