This position requires some subject-matter knowledge and judgment to complete assignments consisting of numerous steps varying in nature and sequence. The General Clerk 3 selects from alternative methods to solve problems by adapting or interpreting substantive guides, manuals, or procedures. Typical duties include assisting in a variety of administrative functions, maintaining a wide variety of financial records stored both manually and electronically, verifying statistical reports for accuracy and completeness, compiling information as well as addressing customer concerns.
The General Clerk 3 may also direct other clerks, which requires a thorough knowledge of all administrative duties and routines. The person in this position must also have the ability to choose among widely varying methods and procedures to process complex transactions and select or devise steps necessary to complete assignments. Typical jobs covered by this exclusion include administrative assistants, clerical supervisors, and office managers.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and manage correspondence, reports, and documents.
- Organize and coordinate meetings, conferences, and travel arrangements.
- Implement and maintain office systems.
- Maintain schedules and calendars.
- Arrange and confirm appointments.
- Handle incoming mail and other material.
- Set up and maintain filing systems.
- Set up work procedures.
- Collate information.
- Maintain databases.
- Communicate verbally and in writing to answer inquiries and provide
Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Liaise with internal and external contacts.
- Coordinate the flow of information both internally and externally.
- Manage office space and operate office equipment.
Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- High School Diploma, Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of verifiable administrative experience.
- The ability to work at an accelerated pace.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications including Word, Excel,
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Type 50 words per minute.
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and Affirmative Action Employer (AAE).